As a reminder, these Sunday posts are our weekly meeting ground for taking some time to reflect on Seven(ish) Exceptionally Fabulous, Beautiful, Interesting, Hilarious, or Otherwise Positive Noteworthy Things from the past week, whether book-related or not, that happened to you. Absolutely anyone, of course, is welcome to list kicks — even if, or especially if, you’ve never done so before.
I’ll be featuring stuff from the past few weeks, because I haven’t participated in a while.
1. A couple of weeks ago I learned that our local big-name-theatre that brings in touring companies will be bringing in The Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, Spring Awakening, and Beauty and the Beast next year.
2. We had several days of good weather this week, so I went on walks – around the neighborhood, to a restaurant, to the grocery store, etc.
3. On a related note, I realized that if I walk for just ten minutes a day every day that’s more time spent walking than if I were to do twenty minutes three times a week. Ten minutes is more manageable for me because I’m easily fatigued recently (I think it’s allergies) and have been having some hip issues, so it’s good to feel like those won’t keep me from getting to walk.
4. I’ve been doing ProBlogger’s 31 Days to Build a Better Blog and I feel very good about it.
5. I recently read The Renaissance Soul: Life Design for People with Too Many Passions to Pick Just One and it spoke to me very much. I now am much less overwhelmed by the many worthwhile things to do in the world and know if I take on just a few at a time, I can eventually get to all of the ones that capture my interest.
6. I have a nice stack of non-fiction books to read from the library, and all of them excite me.
7. I am at a place in life where if I need to fall asleep on the couch at 8:30 pm, I can do so and everything is just fine. (Likewise if, on a Sunday, I need to take a nap around 3:15…)
What are your kicks this week?