THE BASIC RULES:
1. The challenge begins June 12, 2007 and lasts until September 19, 2007. There be significance to these dates: durin’ the week o’ June 10 in 1718 Blackbeard ran aground his ship Queen Anne’s Revenge. September 19 be International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
2. The goal be to read books about pirates. Set your own goal for how many pirate books you’d like to read. (I recommend 3 as a minimum; I meself will probably try for 14 or so.)
3. The books can be any level, fiction or nonfiction. The only requirement be that they be about pirates.
4. As you finish the books, review them.
5. Your final summary should be posted in Pirate Speak (thar’s an English to Pirate translator here) on September 19, and include links to your reviews o’ pirate books.
6. Sign your name to the ship’s articles in the comments to this post.
MORE ADVANCED OPTIONS:
1. Give yourself a pirate name. If you can’t come up with your own, here’s a link to some name generators.
2. Name your pirate ship.
3. Hoist your colours! Create your own pirate flag.
4. Go around tellin’ people you’re a “Bookaneer.” (Many thanks to Pirates & Privateers for this word.)
5. Write all your reviews in Pirate Speak.