Books Read in 2010
- Angel: After the Fall, Volume 1, Brian Lynch
- The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin
Books Picked Up but Not Finished; Put Aside Indefinitely (but I may return to them)
1. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
2. Intuitive Eating, Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch (Re-Read)
1. Brazen Careerist, Penelope Trunk
1. That Was Then, This Is Now by S. E. Hinton
← An IndieWeb Webring →
I acknowledge that I live and work on unceded Lumbee, Skaruhreh/Tuscarora, and Shakori land. I give respect and reverence to those who came before me. I thank Holisticism for the text of this land acknowledgement.
We must acknowledge that much of what we know of this country today, including its culture, economic growth, and development throughout history and across time, has been made possible by the labor of enslaved Africans and their ascendants who suffered the horror of the transatlantic trafficking of their people, chattel slavery, and Jim Crow. We are indebted to their labor and their sacrifice, and we must acknowledge the tremors of that violence throughout the generations and the resulting impact that can still be felt and witnessed today. I thank Dr. Terah ‘TJ’ Stewart for the text of this labor acknowledgement.