Non-profits, institutions, and other larger organizations I support on an ongoing basis with my volunteer time, talent, and/or treasure:
- WUNC (Support) My local NPR affiliate.
- Young People’s Performing Company (Support) A local theater company where kids are the performers; I met my husband here when I was a rising high school senior and he was a rising college junior and we did a show together.
- The Durham Savoyards (Support) Devoted to performing the topsy turvy operettas of Gilbert and Sullivan
- IndieWeb.org (Support) A people-focused alternative to the corporate web.
Recurring patronage to smaller projects:
- Fan Studies for Fans A lecture series designed to introduce fans to the world of media fan studies, brought to you by Lori Morimoto.
- Community for Creative Adventurers (Patreon) Exactly what it sounds like; created by Kim Werker.
- UfYH (Patreon) Realistic advice for a home you don’t hate.
- Fansplaining (Patreon) A podcast by, for, and about fandom.
- The Latest Kate (Patreon) Encouraging mental health illustrations.
- Emm Roy (Patreon) Positive art.
- Ellie Mackin Roberts (Patreon) Art and academic kindness.
- The Double Shift (Supporting Cast)A podcast about a new generation of working mothers.
Thanks to Chris Aldrich for the text for this page.