Library Report et al.
I’ve started writing the response to Writer as Blogger, Blogger as Writer.
I’ve decided to make it a point to go to the library weekly. And each week, I’ll tell you what I got.
Today’s library haul:
- Millicent Min, Girl Genius, Lisa Lee - recommended by readergirlz
- The Last Dragon, Silvana de Mari - Cybils Finalist
- Pucker, Melanie Gideon - Cybils Finalist
- A Brief Chapter in My Impossible Life, Dana Reinhardt - Cybils Finalist
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Visitors, Laura Anne Gilman and Josepha Sherman - in honor of the 10th Anniversary of the premiere of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Out of the Madhouse, Christopher Golden and Nancy Holder - in honor of the 10th Anniversary of the premiere of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Peter Pan, J. M. Barrie - While I was mid-Capt. Hook it occurred to me I ought to finish reading the source material, which I started long ago but never finished.
This is the website of Kimberly Hirsh. The subtitle of this site comes from the description of woodland goth on the Aesthetics wiki.
← An IndieWeb Webring →
I acknowledge that I live and work on unceded Lumbee, Skaruhreh/Tuscarora, and Shakori land. I give respect and reverence to those who came before me. I thank Holisticism for the text of this land acknowledgement.
We must acknowledge that much of what we know of this country today, including its culture, economic growth, and development throughout history and across time, has been made possible by the labor of enslaved Africans and their ascendants who suffered the horror of the transatlantic trafficking of their people, chattel slavery, and Jim Crow. We are indebted to their labor and their sacrifice, and we must acknowledge the tremors of that violence throughout the generations and the resulting impact that can still be felt and witnessed today. I thank Dr. Terah ‘TJ’ Stewart for the text of this labor acknowledgement.