As I mentioned yesterday, I’m participating in #AcWriMo this year and calling it #DissProWriMo, since I’m planning to churn out a pretty workable draft of my dissertation proposal this month. Is it an ambitious goal? It sure is. Can I do it? Here’s hoping!
But Kimberly, what resources are you using to help you?
I’m so glad you asked. Here’s a list:
- Katy Peplin’s ThrivePhD #AcWriMo resources
- Raul Pacheco-Vega’s Academic Writing resources
- The 5th edition of Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches by John W. Creswell and J. David Creswell
- My Bullet Journal (a Moleskine Hardcover Large Dot Grid notebook + Pilot G2 pen)
- Google Docs
- Forest app for the Pomodoro technique
Nice. What are your goals?
- Finished draft of my dissertation proposal
- Submission-ready version of a paper I’m co-authoring with Dr. Maggie Melo.
Progress goal: 1-3 pages of writing per day
What are your limitations?
I only have 17 days with childcare this month. I’m planning to spend at least 2 hours a day writing, but more if I can manage it.
Anything else we need to know?
I’ll be posting a weekly blog update on my progress. You can follow along by clicking any of the social links to the left or by subscribing for email updates (also in the left sidebar).